IVF experience?

Hey guys, I hope you are all doing okay. Basically i had an ectopic pregnancy -long story short- both of my tubes had to be removed. Has anybody here had both of their tubes removed and had a successful pregnancy through IVF? Does IVF hurt in general?  

Could you please share some of your experiences as im only 25 and all this has been heart breaking for me?.. Thank you and have a good day

• LizB

Individual procedures with IVF can definitely be uncomfortable, but probably nothing worse than you've already been through with your surgery. The needles for stim meds are tiny and sub-q, so they don't hurt much. Bloating right before and for about a week after your procedure can be uncomfortable -- plan to wear loose pants! And you'll have to have a LOT of blood tests and a LOT of ultrasounds, but you learn to just kind of grin and bear it.

The worst part for me quite honestly was the progesterone-in-oil shots, because I had an uncommon allergic reaction to the medicine. Also neither of my FETs using artificial hormones worked. For my 3rd FET I chose a clinic that would allow me to do "natural" FET, which is where they have you ovulate and then do the embryo transfer a few days after so that your body is producing its own progesterone. No shots when you do it that way, and less meds overall. My first attempt at "natural" FET was the one that finally worked.

IVF doesn't hurt in the slightest. It's a beautiful process and I'd do it again in a flash if I could afford it.

IVF fertilization still has a low probability, it makes no difference whether you have or don't have your tubes.