Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetOther - Computers · 2 months ago

Do most people who work in IT hate what they do?

I mean, I'm a computer repair tech, and I LOVE it (and you know, the money doesn't hurt either, lol), but then, I'm a total computer nerd who loves working alone anyway. Haha. So if people are like me, I think  they love it. But if they're in the wrong field (call center vs repair) or just in it for the money, too, then those guys might hate it, yeah.

I have worked with different IT people within the company I used to work for. I'm retired now. What I have found is that there are two different types of people working in IT. The person who enjoys the challenge and enjoys the world of computers usually enjoys their work as an IT "geek" if you will. However, the person who got into IT because someone told them it was good money or whatever other reason, they often don't have IT in their blood/hearts. These are the ones who tend to hate their jobs and tend to make life miserable for those around them and especially for those who are smarter than them! So there are you have it! Some hate their job, while others just love and enjoy it!

• Sandy

most are nerds and like working alone. they're very smart loners and don't have good social skills.