promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Rick asked in Consumer ElectronicsCameras · 2 months ago

My Nikon 750 internal flash indicator keeps blinking?

The internal flash on my Nikon 750 indicator, will not stop blinking, regardless of the settings.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • keerok
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You might be shooting in low lighting conditions. The camera is recommending you use the flash. I suggest you follow it.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Frank
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Typically the lightning bolt icon flashes as a caution to the user that the exposure is too long to be hand held.  Often this icon is shown in program and auto.  Maybe some cameras will also blink the icon in aperture and shutter priority modes, too.  Typically the icon will not show in manual mode.

Another possible reason for the flash to blink is that the camera is trying to warn you that the subject is too far away.  Remember, flashing icons are the camera's way of warning you that something is not right or that it can't create a good exposure with the settings that you've set.

Sometimes the icon will blink if the flash is not fully charged.

Usually, though, the flashing icon is a simple warning to use it in order to prevent camera shake.  So if you're using a tripod, just disregard it.  Or just take the shot and see if the flash fired and if the image came out right.

Re-read the manual on using flash which will not only likely to have the answer to your question, but also remind you of stuff that the camera can do that we all often forget unless we use it regularly.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.