promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

When does DoorDash charge you?

I made a $40 order on doordash last night and received everything I wanted. This morning I was going to order something offline so I checked my debit card balance and discovered that the $40 had never been taken off of my card. Usually I get a notification and the money is gone right away but this time it’s still on my card. Does doordash have a new thing where they charge you whenever or is this a glitch and I need to contact them.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Id wager they will fix it and charge your card. But I would not contact them.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

Probably just a glitch.

• DON W
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Was that the delivery fee?  Where I live, Doordash is currently not charging for delivery, as a way to help during the pandemic.  You pay the restaurant for the food, and Doordash delivers it for free.

• Anonymous2 months agoReport

No it was the delivery plus the actual food and tip

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Sometimes it takes a bit of time for them to process the payment and for it to show in your account.   Just wait.  There is no reason to call anyone. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

I was using Amazon/PRIME (Whole Foods).

It was fine the first month, then they started adding 5$ for a "Tip".

The second month they started having Minimums which varied by day 35$ to 85$ for an order.

This last month before they stopped delivering. I noticed various items missing from my orders.

I would have stopped before they stopped accepting orders.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.