Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

How do I handle my fears of being controlled by COVID-19, it is all that controls my mind right now and all the loss it has caused?

Cancelled weddings, cancelled funerals, cancelled trips, cancelled graduations, cancelled reunions, cancelled church, cancelled celebrations and holidays.

It is too unreal and we cannot ever make these things up. Even funerals cancelled, the dead just buried privately. It is like a war, like nothing in world history in our times. It controls my thoughts, it controls my mind. I had celebrations for this summer, I cannot wait until next year, it is too depressing. How do I handle this devastation? It is not disappointment, it is devastation.

The state I live in is Virginia, we are not supposed to peak until mid-May, that means chaos and fear through September or October. My father is in grave fear as his daughter has a weak immune system due to Crohn's Disease. He runs a company and if one person gets it all 45 of his employees get it. My father is a man who never worries. I know something is wrong when he does. 

What do we do? How do I go on, I don't want to live through this. 

• LAN

You can't.   You are obviously just an attention whore that has no real interest in fighting your irrational fears or you would see a therapist instead of constantly posting this kind of pity me rant over and over.

Funny how you don't contact a professional to see if they are doing teleconferencing while the disease runs it's course isn't it?

• LAN

Why?    What part of this moron constantly posting this kind of idiocy over and over makes you think that he has enough brains to take any action to improve his situation?

It is a war...against an invisible enemy. And the only feasible way to win the war is through social distancing, washing of hands, and sheltering in place. Some areas of the US are beginning to see a decline in casualties and deaths; some areas are winning the war by doing what's right in fighting the war.

But if you get what's called "cabin fever," go on outside and take a walk, avoiding contact with others also outside taking their walks. The solution to winning the war against the invisible enemy is social distancing. So don't break, keep aloof and be a part of the solution to win the war.

paranoia  begets  paranoia … go  figure.

• Tulip

It happened during the Spanish flu a hundred years ago get over it

Firstly, turn off the news. This is a serious situation that is being made 10x worse by the constant barrage of media coverage. Switch the channel, get off social media - do whatever you can to avoid the overload of information.

Secondly, seek help. Friends, family, a professional - you aren't the only one doing it hard during this thing. Reach out to someone.

This answer has a variety of suggestions, It was rated Best, 5 Stars.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20200...