fredda asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 2 months ago

Why are people so afraid on here to go anonymously on answers ?

I use all the time just to piss people off.

• Daniel

Some people want to write a Question thats Embarrassing that they dont want other people to know it was them so they go under Anonymous also Same thing with Answers

Unfortunately a lot of people use it for the Wrong Reasons to Cyber Bully other people around

Its the way some people are

Not afraid........I just have no use for it. 

I'm not here to stalk and harass anyone, so I have no need to hide. 

Trolls have been harassing me for years here. ------still here........so no reason to hide.  They can play all the stupid games they want and post all the lies about me they want.............Yahoo knows the truth.   That's why I am still here. 

If half the lies told about me were even remotely true, I would have been suspended years ago . 

When I **was** suspended......Yahoo instantly re-instated my account. 

That's how FOS my stalkers are. 

• LAN

Fear of being held accountable for the moronic things they continuously post

Frankly, I got tired of the almost instant retaliation by trolls to my sincere replies.

• .

People use the Anonymous feature for various reasons. Some do it to prevent others from blocking their account. Some do it to reduce harassment they get when they post with their YA identity visible. Some do it to post embarrassing or sensitive posts, that they don't want others to judge them about (if their YA identity were known). Some do it to troll and harass others. 

• SIR

One reason why people go anonymous is normally because they may have certain users who've got it in for them. Another reason is for bad intentions- to post offensive content without getting blocked. Some people don't care about losing 10 points due to being reported, because as long as the asker can't block them they can just keep doing it.

The only downside is that anonymous users are suspect because trolls usually post anon. So even good users get lumped in with the trolls.

• Kev

plenty of people answer anonymously. I think that’s what you are asking. Your sentence is very complicated

I'm not afraid of anything on this site but I do value my privacy.

😉Looking at your question history you should ask anonymously .