Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 2 months ago

ruined life?

now i am 17. apparently i missed everything to enjoy while u r a teenager. 3 years i never went out with any friends, i missed prom this year, never had actuall friends, never went to parties, never got wished for my birthday... how do i deal with all that? and am i late to recover all what i missed? and how?

Go to college. That's where you actually experience everything. Trust me, your life is far from over. 

• Edna

Sucks to be you, doesn't it??

• 1 month agoReport

at least i can walk with my legs 

I grew up poor. I never did any of those things either. No sports, nothing. Now as an adult I have a Masters degree, and am very financially successful. VERY successful.....HS years don't really matter, the people who seemed popular and happy then are all losers now. I run into them every few years and they are all low end workers with long criminal records and divorces.

You could try getting over yourself and realising the world doesn't revolve around your teen years.

First you recognize that people are dying, economies are being destroyed in ways that could take decades to recover and mass amounts of pain and depravation are the likely outcome of what the whole world is suffering in this moment. Then you take a reasonable assessment of just what parties and prom really mean in the scope of a lifetime (that in your case will very likely be pretty difficult as you'll be graduating high school into a VERY uncertain future). Bottom line...if you have a brain you should know you've got MUCH bigger things to worry about right now.

• Carmen

As long as you’re still breathing it’s never too late for anything so whatever reasons you missed out on everything as you say in your first 17 years of applicable try to enjoy what you have now and pray the remaining years of your life is more fulfilling don’t give up trying to improve your life and bring meaning into it pray over the matter . 

• Carol

You are only 17. Believe me your life is only just starting.

• JimTom

Youre 17, youve just barely started your fun years. You cant even drink yet, or drive (well) or party, or travel alone etc. Honestly 17 is just starting, have fun and do whatever you want to do with who ever, before youre 25, thats when you start settling down into other types of "fun" and friends

• Mary

it doesn't matter. I'm 23 and still haven't experienced those things (over even a first kiss, or bf, etc). Just be you and the right kind of people will come around. most people don't even keep in contact with their school peers after they graduate