Should I try out for my high school dance team... again?

I tried out for my high school dance team and did not make, i felt like my heart was ripped out of my chest. all my coaches and friends said i should have made team, but i didn’t. should i try out again this year? i don’t particularly want to because i’m not friends with the other girls on the team, i’m scared they will make fun of me for not making it first year, i don’t think i am as talented as they are, and i’m afraid i won’t want to put in all the effort if i do make the team, but i know my parents really want me to tryout. i don’t know what to do please help?

• drip

Who are the judges?  I know of some schools that bring in judges so there is no favoritism. Judges cam be dance teacher from other schools or from local dance studios. 

Competition changes each year. So you may get in this year or you may not. Won’t know until you try. And getting in auditioning - if you make it or not- experience is always a good. 

I think you should go for it. If you don't try out you'll always wonder what would have happened if you had. If you audition, the worst they can say is no, and then you'll know for sure. But they might also see big improvements since last year and take you on! Don't focus on what the other people in the group think of you. Just dance to have fun, and do your best. 

You do know how to beg don't you....Remember you only have 70 years of good health and if this is one of the goals you want to do in your life time, go for it.....Dancing, and a good dancer come with practice....so prepare before you try out, for it seems they are looking for someone that all ready knows how.....understand

• humpty

Try out. If you fail, fine. If you don't. also fine. Not every dream comes true, but they are all worth dreaming.