promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
ali asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 2 months ago

I have pretty thin hair, and whenever I brush it or run my fingers through it, a lot comes out. What can I do to prevent hair loss/thicken?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Blood flow to the scalp is important. IDK if you are a guy/lady so If it is a lady sometimes hormones can have an effect on thinning hair. Next Doctors check up you can ask. As for good blood circulation Hawthorn berry supplements help. Hope that's helpful. If you are a guy, balding isn't the end of the world. Lots of cute men are bald and look great. Good luck.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Jello!  Jello has all the nutrients to thicken and strengthen hair.  It is inexpensive and yummy too!  :D

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Make sure you eat a healthy diet and get enough vitamins! You also could try coconut or Castor oil. Just put a little on you scalp at let it sit for a few hours before washing!

• 2 months ago

Make sure you eat a healthy diet and get enough vitamins! You also could try coconut or Castor oil. Just put a little on you scalp at let it sit for a few hours before washing!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

First thing you do is see a doctor to find out the reason your hair is thinning so badly. If you're male, it can be male-pattern baldness, alopecia, or some other underlying condition that causes hair loss. Women experience hair loss for reasons that can have to do with hormone imbalances, hair coloring or processing issues, menopause, pregnancy or also alopecia. Alopecia is not a common condition, but it can cause nearly complete loss of hair in both sexes. 

If there is no cause your doctor can identify there are a few things you can do to beef up what hair you do have--though it may not help hair you've already lost. 

Biotin--an over-the-counter nutrient--in about a 5000MG strength, one per day, can help you grow hair (and nails) faster. Staying away from hair processing treatments of all kinds can prevent loss. Wearing your hair loosely, not tied back in a ponytail or up in a bun, will help you keep hair. Keeping it clean and conditioned will help. Combing or brushing a bit LESS than you do now--enough to smooth your style but not over-brushing or combing--can help. And the best remedy of all: eating a balanced, nutrient rich diet. Exercise can also help because it stimulates blood flow to all areas of the body, including the scalp. Stay out of the sun--wear a hat outside to prevent skin cancer. 

There may or may not be anything you can do to regain your full head of hair once it falls out. But there are so many reasons for loss that it is important you find out why it's falling out and treat THAT condition. 

And don't fall for any emails, advertisements or other popular scams about regrowing hair. Rogaine, which is available in the drugstore, can help if it's CERTAIN types of hair loss, but not for ALL of them. So find out FIRST before spending money on topical treatments like Rogaine. 

• patty
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

rogainne

• 2 months ago

Try using malunggay leaf hair spray. It's very effective. 

• 2 months ago

Stop running your fingers through it and keep brushing to a bare minimum. Ideally, quit brushing it altogether. 

• 2 months ago

same with me I also want the solution, I feel climate plays a very important role in a hot climate means lots of hair problems. I do is soaking fenugreek seed overnight and in the morning grind it in the paste and add castor oil 1 tablespoon and apply and leave it for 45 min.

• 2 months ago

Take vitamins, make sure your eating lots of vegetables and drink milk to get your vitamins a, b and d in. Perhaps avoid using hot tools as heat damage makes hair more brittle. I'm told using a silk pillow case can also help with breakage. Cutting your hair to shoulder length can keep your hair looking more voluminous and healthy.  Make sure your trimming off dead ends. Important to also use a good conditioner and shampoo. Hair oils or hair mask can be helpful if you have dry brittle hair as well. Hope this is helpful :) 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.