Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 2 months ago

I’m getting the new Apple iPad Pro soon I’m giving the 2018to a family member, could I have a different Apple ID ? But same address ?

In other words..my 2018 Apple iPad Pro will go to a family member.. we live in same house   

Instead of family.  I made a mistake, it goes to a friend, sorry

Yes you can. The Apple ID is an email address, it's not tied to your street address. In fact you can keep your Apple ID for the new iPad and let your family member personalize the old one. ...You'll want to look into Family Sharing if you were hoping to keep the apps and purchased media on both.

I believe you can.   It’s 2 different devices, it’s been done,  

• David

If you change your Apple ID all your Apple purchased songs,  videos, (and Apple email if using) are tied to the old Apple ID so it would be better take a backup on iTunes, sign out and erase the old iPad, use your current Apple ID on your new purchase restore your backup to the new iPad Pro and let your family set a new Apple ID account on your old iPad