promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 2 months ago

I'm afraid of using tampons and it hurt me?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • PAMELA
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

So use pads, it is up to you.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • J
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Tampons can’t do any permanent damage and they can’t get “lost” inside u. If it hurts, it means u aren’t doing it right. Make sure u insert it far enough that u can’t feel it when u move. If u don’t want to use tampons u don’t have to but it’s definitely more convenient than pads. It’s better to not have to worry about your pad coming loose when u move around. Just read the directions and practice till u get it right. If u have trouble try sitting or standing in different positions to make it easier

• Edna
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

There's no reason to be afraid of using a tampon. When it's properly inserted, it doesn't hurt and you can't even feel that you have it inside you.

Every box of tampons comes with instructions and diagrams on how to properly insert it and remove it. Buy a box of tampons and read the instructions before you try to insert it for the first time.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Well get used to it. This is nothing compared to what the baby will feel like!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • :)
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

That’s okay. There’s no dire need to use them. I attempted tampons a few times at 13/14, and then I didn’t try again until 19. I’m 22 now, and I love them. They’re pretty much all I use.

• 2 months ago

being fearful doesnt help

• 2 months ago

You should not be afraid of using tampons , and when used correctly they do not hurt

• 2 months ago

learn How to insert one properly

also Tensing up WILL not it hard & painful to try to Insert

another tip-- your vagina is >>Slanted>> not straight up & down so you Must Aim and push the Tampon in at an >>Angle>> towards your Lower back area

https://www.wikihow.com/Use-a-Tampon

https://youngwomenshealth.org/2012/09/27/tampons/

• 2 months ago

Then don't.

Used correctly they are painless but if you are nervous you are unlikely to insert correctly.

Your own nerves are probably what caused it to be uncomfortable.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.