promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 2 months ago

What’s some delicious receipes that DONT require tons of money. Running out of ideas while locked in the house?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Be creative with adding things to rice or pasta. You can make pasta dishes with olive oil and parsley crushed garlic and finely cut green peppers and onions instead of just a red tomato sauce. Rice can be used for fried rice which can use small mounts of chicken or shrimp or any kind of meat. you can make been soups such a three or four bean soups. dried rice, beans and pasta can be bought in bulk and you can the meats and seafood or poultry products frozen so you don't need to shop for months to make these tasty dishes.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • IvaB
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Face it,you have to spend some money to make most anything I'm now personally into cooking casseroles to stretch dollars.While costs may seem high for that type of cooking there's a big payoff in the long run.I'd suggest searching the internet for whatever strikes your fancy at the time,and try something new.

• denise
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Cottage pie,  Lasagne, Moussaka,  Corned beef hash,  Stir fries,  Meatballs,  Stew.

Google Budget recipes & Leftovers recipe ideas / hacks.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Rice Patties? Cooled, cooked rice mixed with egg and seasoning, pan fried.

I grew up with them.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Rice Patties? Cooled, cooked rice mixed with egg and seasoning, pan fried.

I grew up with them.

• SW-6
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Much respect for anyone who is ok with the long drawn out cooking!  Here are a few suggestions for the lazy:

-I dump a can of chicken broth, can of cream of chicken, drain can of sliced carrots, drain can of corn, drain can of peas, some boiled chicken tenders (they soften and what doesn't shred up I pull apart with fork) all into a pot to make stew of sorts, sometimes spoon it over egg noodles or serve it with those canned biscuits, maybe some buttered bread. 

-Canned chili heated up good with shredded cheddar on top, some saltines, oyster crackers or fritos.

-A favorite of mine is to microwave scramble eggs (crack 3 whole eggs, 3 egg whites in a mug, dash of salt, splash of milk, microwave 1 minute, stir, microwave 1 minute more, stir to fully scramble - done), make hash browns (cube up a potato or 2, boil the cubes 5 minutes or so in microwave, drain, throw in pan, brown and crisp them - done!) , sausage (those precooked to heat and eat in a minute or so) and toaster waffles for any meal to eat.

-Those boxed mac and cheese dinners, topped with stewed tomatos or bacon bits.

Good luck to you :)

• 2 months ago

Chicken, noodles or rice, bit of soy sauce bit of honey, bit of lemon juice, and a bag of stir fry veg or any spare veg you have lying around chopped up. Fry it all up in a wok or large frying pan. Quick, yummy, easy and cheap.

• 🦋
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

ramen noodles with veggies and meat or shrimp, frozen pizza, friut, canned foods like ravaoli, spaghetti, salad, sandwich, cheese and crackers, peanut butter sandwich, gram crackers with marshmallow cream, mashed potatoes, box food, sardines, vienna sussage, pickles, chips, debbie cakes

• 2 months ago

Google is your friend here. Below is a link I found just by searching "recipes on a budget" - if those aren't too your liking, there are many other websites with good recipes.

https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/g3166/...

• 2 months ago

There are tons. It depends on what kind of food you want to make.

Google it.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.