How often does one have to practice piano after learning it so as not to forget? How many times a week and for how long?

Music is one of those skills that require a high level of involvement. Once you learn how to ride a bicycle, you never forget. Playing a musical instrument is much harder than that.

You might eventually learn all the chords, learn all the chord progressions, be fluent in singing time signatures, etc., but you still have to get your fingers do the right things at the right time, and fingers start losing flexibility in only a few days.

I took up piano when I was 35. I soon realized that I needed to practice an hour a day just to not lose ground, and that I would have to study and practice two hours a day to make any kind of real progress. I didn't have the time for that. I'm not musically gifted, so probably gifted people don't have to put in so much effort, but all the musicians I know play at least an hour a day.

According to the American Piano Association, you need to play at least one hour a month in order to not lose your chops.