Wendy asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 4 months ago

has anyone watched The Bridge on the River Kwai ?

Im curious if anyone remembers this movie well

19 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago

I can't remember the movie but the Colonel Bogey March tune has been embedded in my brain all my life.

• 4 months ago

Oh yeah, that's a good one.  Classic, you might even say.

Personally I liked Sir Alec as Col. Nicholson better than I liked him as Obi Wan Kenobi.  He was awesome, especially in the scenes where he drove Col. Saito crazy with his stubborn ways.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Yes, it's a good movie.  It deals with a POW camp in the Burma theater of WWII.  British soldiers there are forced by their Japanese captors to build the titular structure.  It's mainly about the insane British commander who oversees the prisoners.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Yes, it is a very good movie

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Leo
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

It's an excellent movie.  I highly recommend it.

• 4 months ago

No. I wasn't interested at all.

I'm being honest 🙂 .

• 4 months ago

I'm 33 years old.

I have seen The Bridge on the River Kwai 33 times since it is on *every* Christmas!

• Joe
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Yes; a fantastic movie that holds up very well to repeated viewings.

• 4 months ago

A great movie. Another David Lean masterpiece.  It has everything a good war movie should have, except the actual war.  8^)  Great performances from Alec Guinness (one of his best, and that's saying a lot!), William  Holden, and Sessue Hayakawa.  Wonderful suspense at the end.  It's in my collection.

• LilyRT
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

I've seen it and remember thinking it was a great movie.  certain scenes stand out strongly, but I won't say I remember all of it line by line like I do other movies.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.