jensen asked in HealthOptical · 2 months ago

i lost my glasses but can’t get new ones bc of coronavirus? ?

i don’t have my prescription at my house and my nieces lost my glasses the other day. i cant go to the eye doctor because it’s obviously closed because of the virus. what do i do????? 

Do you have an old pair you can wear? It's better than nothing. And it will at least help you with enough vision correction to find your glasses that are lost. 

Try calling your eye doc and seeing if there is someone there who can send your prescription to you by email---including measurements for fitting your glasses. If you can get it, go to a website like Zenni.com which is where you can send them your scrip and measurments and you can get glasses very inexpensively. That's another solution. 

• Tulip

Suffer or find your glasses

• mokrie

Sadly you have to do without until things open again.

You are misinformed.  Your eye doctor can still provide services.  CALL them.  If you don't need an eye exam, they can probably reorder your exact glasses and or provide you with contact lenses with the same prescription.  If you need to have your eyes checked, then can do that.  

Optometrists are considered essential, they are open but you'll have to call and make an appointment.

Look for it. Try to remember where you put it.

You get extra time to find the glasses.