What do you think about liars?

Liars can't be given the second chance because the most important thing is a trust factor. 

Why have you allowed this to be posted under 'Books and Authors'?

Please move it to Society and Culture. Everyone can move their own question as often as they like.

They're everywhere and I'm one of them. 

• Speed

I have a real problem with liars, with the exception being "white lies" told to spare people's feelings.

It doesn't help someone to know her new haircut is unflattering, Daddy doesn't really love you as much as he does the kids with his new wife, or that Grandma suffered horribly at the end when she couldn't call for help. Fine, lie about that.

But lies to excuse inconsiderate behavior, cover up infidelity, escape tasks or obligations? I want nothing to do with people who think that's okay.

• Murzy

I hate all liars especially when their lies are so transparent.

• Kaz

They can't be trusted.

A liar cannot be relied-upon or trusted . . . . a person who cannot be trusted is of no value.