A asked in Consumer ElectronicsGames & GearPC · 2 months ago

My PC's time is wrong ?!?

I just realized the time on my PC is one hour ahead. I didn't do anything to it. What's going on ? It was fine a few hours ago when I turned it on. 

Check your computer's date/time settings.

Where the time is displayed, down at the bottom-right of your screen, right-click on the time, and you will see the option "Adjust date/time".

A new window will open.

First option that you see there is "Set the time automatically". If that is switched on, then your computer should pick up the correct local time from the internet.

Further down that window is the timezone setting. Make sure that is correct for your area, and if you have daylight savings time adjustments, make sure that is also switched on.

• On Sunday (on the weekend before Easter) we just passed the end of daylight savings in a lot of places. Maybe that caused the PC to get confused about the time somehow.

If you live in an area where Daylight Savings Time is not observed, your "PC" is observing it.  A "PC" doesn't know about local rules for that.  You can disable DST in the Time/Date settings.