What can help bad heartburn?

I've been stuck at home and I'm eating more then normal and of course my heartburn is in full swing. I've taken tums it's not helping. Any other ideas that could help calm it down. I already know I'm going to have to cut out sodas and a couple other foods for awhile again

The "sodas and a couple of other foods" won't make a difference, although eliminating them would improve your lifestyle and, consequently, your overall health.

The key to dealing with heartburn is prevention.

The cause of heartburn (acid indigestion, acid reflux, etc) is chronic dehydration and a salt deficiency.

The pancreas has another function besides producing insulin. It breaks down salt into sodium and chloride.

The chloride is used to make hydrochloric acid (note the similarity in the names) to break done food for assimilation.

The sodium is used to produce a mild bicarbonate solution (think 'bicarbonate of soda', an often used remedy for indigestion) the protects the stomach from the burning effects of the acid.

Most people believe that eating spicy food causes heartburn - this is incorrect. The substance that gives spicy food its heat is called capsaicin. Heartburn is caused by hydrochloric acid - they're completely different.

To avoid indigestion, dissolve a pinch (1/8tsp) of sea salt on your tongue followed by 16 ounces of water to wash it down - do this 30 minutes before eating and again 2 hours after eating to complete the digestion process.

This should eliminate future episodes. As for the current issue, try a 1/2 tsp of baking soda in 8 ounces of water.

maybe you should go see your doctor about it,