Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

Jehovah's Witnesses and other Christians, did Jesus use theocratic war strategy when he refused to answer the question asked by the Jewish?

chief priest, scribes and elders at Mark 11:27-33?

"They came again to Jerusalem. And as he was walking in the temple, the chief priests and the scribes and the elders came 

and said to him: “By what authority do you do these things? Or who gave you this authority to do these things?” 

Jesus said to them: “I will ask you one question. Answer me, and I will tell you by what authority I do these things. 

Was the baptism by John from heaven or from men? Answer me.”  

So they began to reason among themselves, saying: “If we say, ‘From heaven,’ he will say, ‘Why, then, did you not believe him?’ 

But dare we say, ‘From men’?” They were in fear of the crowd, for these all held that John had really been a prophet.

So they answered Jesus: “We do not know.” Jesus said to them: “Neither am I telling you by what authority I do these things.”"

• Brian

What I find interesting are the crickets by Trinitiarians in general. 

"Did Jesus do this? Did Jesus actually say no to somebody who opposed him? Did Jesus use the same tactic that Jehovah's Witnesses use?"

• TeeM

It is a form of spiritual warfare.

Paul is also a wonderful example of using misdirection or spiritual warfare.

When he was arrested for sedition and brought before the Sanhedrin, he switched the charge to the resurrection hope.

Issac and Rachael used it to 'trick' Jacob.

Those who argue against, misleading opposers, only show their lack of bible knowledge.

.

• Brian

Excellent point

JWs are not Christians, and neither are the Mormons. However, people who practice these religions are beloved children of God and some do have numerous virtues! They can still attain salvation by converting to Catholicism before dying.

...and other Christians? The JW's are NOT Christians.

• Doug

Jesus obviously knew the ins and outs of the Temple education system and masterfully used that against his accusers. JW's are not Christians.

Source(s): www.askmeaboutgod.org

It was a shrewd ad hominem (to the man) tactic to illustrate the hypocrisy of the questioners. They were seeking to entrap.