Gonzo
Gonzo asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyTattoos · 4 months ago

Do you think tattoos are trashy?

I think the worst one is the tramp stamp. Tattoos show lack of refinement and class. A sophisticated gentleman such as myself has none.

• Mystic

I find judgmental people such as yourself to be the trashy ones.

• Orla

Tattoos can be quite beautiful and sexy on men and women.

• J

There are classy tattoos and trashy tattoos. Tramp stamps are trashy. A good tattoo will have deep personal meaning. Kids names, parents or grandparents, military tats, and other things with meaning are fine. I’d say getting the name of a bf or gf is the trashiest of all. Plus if you break up you will always have your ex’s name on your skin. So stupid...

No, I have two and I'm thinking I might get another.

• LM440

Tattoos are an artform and are not trashy.  The only time a tattoo can be considered trashy is if the person that wears it chose a tattoo that references hate, racism or prejudice.  

I have tattoos and sophistication.  It is an easy combination.

I think it depends on what it is, where you get it, and if it actually symbolizes something. I thought about mine for a long time before actually getting them and they mean a lot to me. I wouldn't ever get anything that didn't symbolize something important in my life. For instance I have paw prints on my foot for my pets and am planning on getting a semicolon on my wrist to remind me of the mental health battles I've won. I wouldn't get one just because it looks cool; but to each their own. 

No. It’s art and bravery to do it on yourself

Well, I think tattoos are like bumper stickers...

Once someone starts they don't know when to stop... so eventually any idea or image desired becomes just a blotchy mass of forest green...

It's even weirder when a person gets one that is hardly visible - but had to just because it's sort of a "hardcore" thing.

• Kyle

i would never get one myself.  but to generalize them all as trashy and classless is asinine.  

• Jolene

Some are trashy, some are not. The vast majority I have seen are not.