Brandon asked in HealthOther - Health · 4 months ago

Poll: If you tested positive for covid19, would you request hydrochloroquin and azithromycin?

Let's say you are symptomatic enough to go to the hospital  but not at deaths door so to speak.  Let's say flu like symptoms. 

• Elle

As a Nurse Epidemiologist, you would not be in a place mentally to tell me what you want tested or what medicine you want...  do you understand?

• Edna

If I contracted a mild case of coronavirus (flu-like symptoms), I wouldn't need to be hospitalized and I wouldn't request any special medication. I would just take to my bed for about 10 days and wait for the virus to clear itself from my system.

Theres no definitive proof they work, tests so far are mixed with some test showing promising results and others showing no effect.

No. Those don't really help. It's a virus.

I'd stay home for fourteen days.

If my fever spiked I'd take Tylenol.

And if I couldn't breathe I'd go to a respiratory unit at a hospital.

I have had pneumonia twice before although from a bacterial infection instead of a viral infection.  I would request albuterol, guaifenesin, dextromethorphan, phenylephrine, and ciprofloxacin.  Albuterol is a prescription inhaled corticosteroid that reduces inflammation in the respiratory tract that is used for asthma, guaifenesin is an expectorant that comes in pills or mixed in cough syrup, dextromethorphan is a cough suppressant in cough syrup, phenylephrine is a decongestant, and ciprofloxacin is a fluoroquinolone antibiotic.  I already have the first four on hand and would only resort to using the antibiotic if a opportunistic secondary bacterial infection set in.

• martin

The hydro..stuff is the one you usually see in the news for being a real cure.

I think I had the covid19. I only took the severe cold and flu medicine right away. Cough drops and took hot bath with epsom salt. Stayed at home, ate soup. Cough up and spit out the mucus, don't swallow it. Exercise and drink orange juice. Stay away from alcohol and smoking. Spray the house with Lysol everyday.

• Gary

I wouldn't need the treatment as much as people with compromised immune systems or who are older, so my body could probably work through the virus in a matter of days without serious issue.

That being said, I wouldn't request it, but I also wouldn't deny it if recommended or prescribed by my doctor

• Kira

I would wait until I am at death's door.  At that time I would take anything if it could help me survive.  

• Etta

I wouldn't care what they gave me as long as I got better but I presume if it was flu like symptoms they would give me an antibiotic like azithromycin