Lana asked in HealthOptical · 2 months ago

How do I wear a mask without fogging up my eyeglasses?

Every time I try to wear anything over my face, my glasses fog up and I can’t see. I don’t want to wear contact lenses because that would leave my eyes unprotected and eyes are a virus entry point. I want to wear a mask but I have to be able to see.

Certain masks have a metallic strip inserted inside along their top sides. If you can feel that metallic strip, and it's not on the top of your mask, then you're wearing your mask upside down. Just turn it around, and the metallic strip can be shaped around your nose and cheeks to fit perfectly and not let air out from that direction. The air should be coming and going mainly from the side and bottom of the mask.

I know that I have that problem, so I wear my contacts if I am going anywhere that I want to wear a mask. It isn't going to hurt to wear contacts if you have them!

Like the person stated that air is seeping out of your mask so what you need to do is get a mirror and do some deep breathing and take the mirror and move it around the mask to locate the possible leak. You can also get some bandage tape and put it near the nose bone so it won't be loose. Hope it helps. I have to go to the Post Office and that place has only one door entrance and I will be wearing a mask for the first time. I am a bit scared that it will fall off. I am going to try taping it to my face or clip it to my eyeglasses. I may look funny but  anything right now helps. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Air is getting out ( AND IN) in the wrong place, because it is not fitted correctly.  This means that wearing it is NOT properly protecting you.

This virus dose not enter through the eyes. It can only enter through breathing. Though the mouth and nose!  So no problem there. 

There are eye glass cleaners that stop the fog from forming. Maybe best to get it. Shorter eye glasses horizon way,  may let more open area for air to flow?  The contact lenses would cover over the eye direct.  So they may protect your eyes more, from things like dust and small stones  shot from under tires? 

How about Praying to God about these?

Ok, this is easy.  What you have is your breath exhaling up beside your nose and into your eyes.  Its a type of user failure that the govt was talking about when recommending no mask originally. Their recommendation of nothing vs something was just plain wrong.   Anyway, most purchased masks have a small strip of metal for your nose.  You pinch the metal portion so that it makes a good seal at your nose.  That will then send your breath out the mask filter or through the exhale valve if yours has one.  If you have a home made mask, then you can insert a paperclip at the nose position.  you can mold the straightened paper clip around your nose bridge.   

If your glasses are fogging up then the mask is too loose.

Switch to glasses and wipe the lenses regularly.