Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 4 months ago

Will I be fined for not returning my library books?

I live in Staffordshire , England and I can't leave the house due to lockdown I've tried ringing but it's closed. Will I be fined?

19 Answers

Relevance
  • Connor
    Lv 4
    4 months ago
    Favourite answer

No you won’t, all of these libraries have extended or suspended their return date. 

I was due to return something just to find out that they extended their return date from 30 days to 100 days. 

• 4 months ago

No , the librarian will come to your house and if she's ugly don't let her in😉😉

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

do they have a door where you can place the books inside without going inside since it is closed. put the books inside. 

• 4 months ago

Well aren't you the responsible one. Couldn't even call to get an extension, no you just keep it depriving others their right to read the book. How noble of you. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago

My library prepared for that situation, telling us to drop them through a slot, and no fines will be issued, because theyre closed till further notice.

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

No you won't. Libraries are closed all over the U.K.

• 4 months ago

If the library is closed, how would they know that you didn't return the books?

• 4 months ago

If they closed the library, they most likely suspended the due dates.

• 4 months ago

Can't answer for where you are, but where I am, the library system has suspended all fines for the duration. No one knows when this will end. Here, the book drops are closed. When things are opened up again, there will probably be a window of a couple of weeks to return borrowed items.

Try this:

http://libguides.staffs.ac.uk/libraryresources

My browser says there is a security issue with that website so I didn't go any farther.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Expect the bailiffs to come knocking when they are allowed to start debt-collecting again.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.