mww asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

How to tell in-laws I don't like the things the say or do with my toddler ?

I don't know if they lack common sense or if they do things on purpose to smite me but how do I tell them when I dont like what they say or do?

i would just come right out and tell them

You refer this conversation to your spouse, their adult child, because you should never be put into the position of direct conflict with your in-laws. If your SO refuses to do this then your problem is with that person, not his/her parents.

• mww2 months agoReport

Thanks

• angie

That's a tough one and all I can say is how I got through it. I accepted the truth of the matter which are these 2 things...1) they are the only other people on this planet that love my baby as much as me 2) There is more than one way to do something and that's okay because at the end of the day I'm mama

It sounds like you have a strategy for raising the best kid ever. Try putting aside the defensive tone and outlining how you want your kid to grow up, and what those interfacing with him/her can do to further your objectives. Explain these principles and strategies to your extended family and ask their help in raising an adjusted, powerful child.