Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

How do I help my mom get through to my aunt who is an acquired situational narcissist?

I’m not a psychiatrist but many say I should be one. My mom punishes me and us I can’t see the aunt at the same time I think she might be trying to protect me since I’m so knowledgeable about acquired situational narcissists and other psychiatrically anti-social behavioral patterns. I am a high school sophomore.

What exactly are you asking? Are you asking how your mom can help your aunt or are you asking why your mom doesn't let you see your aunt? Maybe your mom thinks your aunt is a bad influence on you due to her being a narcissist. Like you suggested, your mom is trying to protect you. Ask if your mom to go WITH you when you see your aunt if she doesn't want you going alone. Then your mom can monitor everything that's said. Tell your mom that since you understand your aunt's personality disorder, that you can possibly help her.

maybe you should see her anyways and just dont tell your mom

Acquired Situational Narcissist? It’s not a term high school sophomore should use, your mom is using you to vent and that is not right of her.  Are you sure she is not the narcissist?