How can I get more memory on my laptop ?

I want it in the laptop

I dont want to use a harddrive 

If you are looking for a real answer you are going to need to give more information..

Make/model of the laptop and the amount of memory installed

Your hard drive holds the files

what u want to asked cant understand what u want know with us .............

I'm assuming from the phrasing of your question that you actually want more storage space without using an external hard drive that you would have to carry around.

The first way would be to delete unwanted data and installed programs and apps.  Unwanted data might be movies you've watched, or videos and photos you've taken that there's no reason to keep -- multiples of the same thing, etc.

Another way is to store data online.  If you have a Gmail address, then you have access to Google Drive which gives you 15GB for free.  There is also Microsoft's OneDrive, which gives you 1TB of space if you have a premium account (such as comes with an Office365 subscription), or 5GB free.  You could use multiple online options for different types of files.

Otherwise, get an external hard drive and just store large files that you use infrequently there rather than on your computer.

As others have pointed out, you may be able to swap out your computer's hard drive for a larger one, but transferring the operating system and data to a new hard drive is not a project for the timid.

Buy a portable hard disk for your laptop. I suggestion is WD brand.

No information about your laptop to even hazard a guess

you prepare to make a frankenstein laptop and cut through the plastic and solder the upgrades directly to the board.

Instead of that you buy a new laptop.

• VP

Look at the bottom of your laptop and tell us its make & model.  Then we can do more than just guessing for you.

If you don't use a hard drive, or solid state drive then you ---> WILL NOT <--- be able to use your computer. Well I could use a computer without a hard drive being in it, but a lot of people including yourself probably won't be able to figure out how to use a computer without a hard drive. I prefer using a hard drive, or solid state drive with a computer, so I suggest you use a hard drive, or solid state drive.

I prefer to not have to explain how to use a computer without a hard drive being in it.

Computers only have two types of memory, and computers require both types of memory to be used, or else it won't work.

Hard Drives have different amounts of memory built into it, and RAM sticks is another type of memory, and it also has different amounts of memory that's built in each RAM stick.

Anyway you could either upgrade your laptop, or start deleting stuff that's on it, and back it up onto something else, so you won't lose what you want to keep. You could make multiple backups like me, so if one of your backups no longer works then you would have another one.

If you have another internal hard drive, or more ram sticks then you could try to upgrade your own laptop, but you would also need special tools, so you can open up your laptop.

Whenever your laptop is closed, then make sure it's not plugged in anything then turn your laptop around, and then take a look at what is behind it.

There should be very small holes, and screws in each hole. There might be different compartments, so you might be able to see your hard drive, and RAM stick(s) if you were to open up the back of your laptop.

Make sure your laptop is not receiving any power if you choose to open up the back end.

• Bort

Laptops have hard drives in them they're just a minuature version of a desktop hard drive. Newer laptops can have solid state hard drives in them just like a desktop does. They don't make some kind of magically different version of storage space for laptops and desktops they're all the same. You can get a larger capacity hard drive for your laptop. 

https://www.newegg.com/p/pl?d=laptop+hard+drive&cm...