Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

Is it okay for me to become a pastor even if I’m an atheist (I’ll just pretend to believe)?

It seems like an easy way to make big bank

I am an ordained minister and bring in an extra $20,000 a year with with on Sundays.

I wouldnt reccommend it. God might strike you by lightening or something of that sort.

• Carym

Such types there are also...  But, you can only fake it for so long---that's why you're an atheist, right?  

Those professing Christians who only give witness of what they have read in books or seen on the internet, or TV,  that have no vital, experimental acquaintance with the things of God, usually fill the seats. Of course, they will embrace the plastic smile of the 'conman' behind the pulpit because it matches their own. 

Before each service, you will need to ask someone to keep their fingers crossed (your only power tool, unfortunately) to prevent born-again Christians from attending the service because they ARE familiar with God's Word, and the guidance and power of the Holy Spirit. They KNOW that Spiritual power is associated with doctrinal truth, and that doctrinal instability displeases the Lord [Ephesians 4:14]. They KNOW that all doctrine is meant to be practical and all practice should be doctrinal.  

Let us know when you plan your cheap entertainment. 

• e9601:

Pastors do not make a lot of money. How do you think people will support you when they see how false you are?

I am sure you wouldn't be the first...

• this is true ! if you read the book of Mormon, this is called "priest-craft" to get gain, from preaching... but it is still a conflict of interest ! if you  read the bible new testament, there are things called "filthy lucre" and wolves and sorcerers that lead jews and greeks and galatians, astray

• AgProv

you need a USP, though, something to make you stand out from the competition.

Let's see... the idea that after the original performance in Palestine, Jesus took the show on the road and toured the USA; a man called Joseph Smith found the script hidden under a hill written on gold plates only he could see in a language only he could read. That this allowed him unlimited wives and lots of money.

Or else that we have all had lots of previous lives going right back to dinosaurs and that's an awful lot of opportunities to get fücked up; I can clear all this accumulated headfück in exchange for a lot of money (L Ron Hubbard)

or that the Ten Lost tribes of Israel went West, colonised Europe, and their descendents now run the USA; we are clearly God's anointed and I am the new Prophet and therefore you will all obey me unquestioningly and give me at least 30% of your annual income (Herbert W Armstrong)

there you go - three frauds, three fraudsters who got rich for life. The key is to be audacious - hit on an idea that no sane person would beleive for longer than three milliseconds -  and really believe in it Project absolute certainty rthat your mad idea works. Provide "proof".. You soon realise how few sane people there are out there and you can start raking in the dollars.  good luck, and can I be a bishop?

The Satanists are doing it and the Christians are allowing it.  Do you not know that your body is the temple of God and if God doesn't dwell in you then you have no part in Him.  It is the Holy Spirit within the human that gives the human power, love an a sound mind.

• Phil M

You are not the first to think of this. No, it's not ok, but I think you knew this.

Go for it..............

• Paul

Real believers would recognize such a fake in the first couple of weeks.