How come Jesus has a Mexican name if he is from the Middle East?

Yahweh/Jehovah/Jesus are all gentile constructs. The actual Hebrew names of God are:

Yehovah - God the Father

Yeshua - God the Son

• No such thing as the middle east, where's the middle west? that term was coined only 100 years ago. ISRAEL is situated on the AFRICAN Tectonic Plate along with LEBANON, EGYPT and every other country on the continent of Africa

"Jesus" isn't necessarily "Mexican". The name "Jesus" is just a romanization of the original Hebrew name "Yeshua". It's been rendered as "Jesus" for English speakers. But the meaning is the same, regardless of rendition; "Jesus" or "Yeshua" means "Jehovah is salvation". And that was exactly Jesus' purpose in coming to earth. (Matthew 20:28)

Source(s): jw.org
  • Gloria

Jesus is not a Mexican name.  Mexicans name their children Jesus with the hope that they will grow up to be good adults.

I think It depends on how the name was translated from Aramaic language to different languages. For example Jesus was translated to Arabic language as "Iesa".

Allah says in the Noble quran:

(Remember) when Allah will say (on the Day of Resurrection). "O 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)! Remember My Favour to you and to your mother when I supported you with Ruh-ul-Qudus [Jibrael (Gabriel)] so that you spoke to the people in the cradle and in maturity; and when I taught you writing, Al-Hikmah (the power of understanding), the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel); and when you made out of the clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, by My Permission, and you breathed into it, and it became a bird by My Permission, and you healed those born blind, and the lepers by My Permission, and when you brought forth the dead by My Permission; and when I restrained the Children of Israel from you (when they resolved to kill you) since you came unto them with clear proofs, and the disbelievers among them said: 'This is nothing but evident magic.' " 5:110

Yeshua is his Hebrew name, and Spanish pronoun it according to their language,Jesucristo and so do

those who speak english call him Jesus Christ.

www.jw.org

Actually, the 'j' sound is European, added later. As people on here have noted for years and years and years and years and years. 

• k w

Don't Know !!!..........Do Ya ???