promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

coronavirus-  if you order something online, how do you decontaminate the parcel when it arrives?

ive recently ordered a few hoodies online, they should be here soon...they are being sent here by royal mail..........and i got an answer before that said this; 

''   Even postal parcels need to be decontaminated before you bring them in and unwrap them. ''

so i was wondering, when the postal parcels arrive, how should i decontaminate them, as this answer advised?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favourite answer

There are several options.  Remember, coronavirus only lasts a few days at most...and less on paper and cardboard. So the simplest option is to use gloves to bring the parcel inside, then just leave it untouched in a corner for a few days.

If you want to open it right away, bring the parcel inside using gloves (or wash your hands with soap and water after handling it)  Open the parcel then take off your gloves (because they could be contaminated now) and remove the contents. The hoodies have been inside the box long enough for any virus on them to have died. Dispose of the box, wash down the area where it was sitting (I open it on the floor) then wash your hands thoroughly again.

Alternately, you could wipe the entire parcel with disinfectant wipes (if you can find any) before opening it.

• 2 months ago

Okay put a pair of plastic gloves on unwrap them outside then throw the package into the garbage can carry the clothing directly to the clothes dryer. Throw it in put it on for about 45 minutes then go wash yourself up

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.