Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 months ago

Should I lose weight? I want to look good in swim suits, crop tops, etc.?

I’m currently 5’5 or 5’6, I weigh about 142lbs and I want to be able to look good in bikinis, crop tops, shorts, etc. should I lose a bit of weight to look good in them? I want you to be honest, I don’t want to have someone just say just try to make me feel good, I want to know about if I should wear them or lose weight. 

I bet you already look good. Your height/weight is fine !

Focus on body composition and fitness rather than weight.  If you don't have flat, toned abs, then work on that.  A couple of months of daily core workouts as well as other full-body cardio/bodyweight exercise will help you tone all parts of you body so you'll look good/better whether or not you lose any weight.

Your current BMI is about 23, which is near the top of the "healthy" range (18-25).  That range is from about 115 to 145 pounds.  That means that losing 10 or 15 pounds isn't going to make you underweight. If you think dropping a few pounds will help your self-esteem, feel free.  Only you know what you look like now and what you hope to look like in a couple of months.

Keep a couple of things in mind. 

1. Your weight and how your abs look don't change your value as a person.

2. Weight alone is not a good measure of health, fitness, clothing size, or body composition.

Actually 142 pounds on a 5'5'/5'6" woman already sounds like a very curvy, sexy frame to me!

Pity you didn't post a pic; 142 and 5'6 sounds good to me.