Exercise with sciatic pain?

My sciatic nerve pain has been acting up lately shooting through my butt into mid thigh. I am inclined to rest instead of continuing to exercise to allow it to heal /ease, but I am not sure if that is best. Due to the present circumstances I am not seeking medial help and making do with my ibuprofen, but I need to know the best way to care for myself. Thanks for any insight.

• y

After three days, you need to move, to walk at the very least. It has to be balanced of course with ones levels of pain and such. But resting, takeing it easy too much, can actually lead to more pain, Ice when inactive, 15 on 15 off as much as you can tolerate. Heat prior to walking/exercising and such.

• Jesere

Can you get Cannabis? It helps a lot, before I went on opiods it was the only thing that helped. Do slow stretches involving the areas affected by the pain. Do them for 5 minutes every couple hours. I had sciatic pain for 43 years, the VA is slow to fix things. My lumbar surgery they took pressure off the nerve along with fixing a ruptured disk and a slipped vertebrae, I have 1 plate, 2 rods and 4 s rews in my lower back. I just got off opiods I was on opiods for 22 years and back to mother nature

People are still going to the doctor for treatment of other issues even in the present circumstances so you can contact your family doctor's office and see what they suggest.  More doctors are now offering visits using telemedicine.  I found a chiropractor provided me great relief for my sciatic nerve pain so you can see if you can find one that is still seeing patients.

• k w

your lack of exercise contributes to your condition, slowly incorporate stretching exercises into your routine, trunk twists, bend and stretch, toe touches, nothing too hard, just nice and easy.....