erin asked in Arts & HumanitiesDancing · 2 months ago

Any adult dance competitions in the USA?

I know this virus is messing with everything but are there any adult dance competitions in the US? and no I'm not talking dirty. I mean hip hop and jazz? I'm 22 and miss competing but can't seem to find any good competitions that allow 18+ to compete. thank you!

There are some competitions that offer an Adult category for ages 20 and up. They are few and far between. Competition dance is basically a dead end in dance training. It is meant to end with high school. It is basically a money making business aimed at that age group where parents are willing to spend tons of money on costumes and competition fees. 

Consider instead taking adult classes in a non competition school. You will find the cost cheaper, the training better ( for the most part) along with opportunities to perform available depending on the school. 

Of course now during the pandemic none of this is going on or will be going on for several months at least.  

Not right now. You need to wait until stay home orders in most places are relaxed.

The 610 Stompers have tryouts every year. But, I'm not sure you'd qualify. Look 'em up, or want to.

• The Football God

Google them. It’s a group of New Orleans Saints fans ( section 610) that have even done the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade. Sorry, but you can’t unsee this. Their tryouts are held at a New Orleans bar.

Any events like that have been postponed, pm a state by state basis, at least until May, as part of the effort to get control of the virus outbreak.  It's possible there may be events in June once states see things are under control, but more likely not before July or August.