Shall I share my WiFi network with my neighbour?

• David

Generally I would not recommend

Almost certainly it is against the T&Cs of your ISP, so they may terminate your contract if it ever came to light

You need to be assured they won't be downloading anything illegal or use the network for illegal activities.

They won't be hogging all the bandwidth when you need it and possibly using up your data allowance

They won't pass on your wifi details to any Tom Dick and Harry.

Also how would you deal with the situation when you want to stop sharing?

If he can protect you against COVID-19, go for it.

By and large I would not suggest

More likely than not it is against the T&Cs of your ISP, so they may end your agreement in the event that it at any point became known

You should be guaranteed they won't download anything illicit or utilize the system for criminal operations.

They won't hoard all the transmission capacity when you need it and potentially spending your information recompense

They won't give your wifi subtleties to any Tom Dick and Harry.

Likewise how might you manage the circumstance when you need to quit sharing?

Anything remotely illegal after you share will be blamed on you, not them, you.

• JB

If you can spare the bandwidth/use perhaps.  Ideally your neighbour is nearly as close as family, else you could find your own computer network use compromised.

If they do light web browsing, email, and such it is one thing.  But if they (or someone in their household) might possibly use a device for serious file sharing applications you could find yourself in the awkward position of changing your network password and having to excuse yourself of sharing.

If you feel they need it and you can share of course. Maybe they'll repay you once this is over, cool guy 👍

• Olive

Only if can trust them. Cause only takes one time they look up something illegial and you can get in trouble for it