Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 2 months ago

What do you think of the name Drake for a boy?

I just think of the rapper or a male duck.  

Jake is a name name.  

• blank

It is an alright name. Just alright in my opinion.

I prefer Blake or Jake

Do you like the rapper Drake? Or ducks? Or packaged desserts? Those are what the name makes me think of

I don't personally care for it, but I have heard the name used before. If you like it use it.

It's a lot of bad things that the wishing on me

I think the name Drake, though it sounds very cool, is a little weird as a name. It seems like the sort of name you would give to a character (in a book, movie, show, etc.), and not an actual human boy.

It's a male duck. 

• Woodrow

I'm not sure on the Retta suffix but the Amara prefix is clearly Italian and definitely somewhere in in the conjugation of the Latin "Amitas," "beloved." 

Like the duck? No

Drake is a very old name. if you like older names Dillon is another one. 

• qspeechc2 months agoReport

It's actually a surname

I'm not that old or Catholic but I appreciate a Catholic rule where children must be named after a saint. There's no "Rainbow" or "Sunshine." No kids named "Karma" or "love." IDK if Drake counts or not but like Gorge Carlin says "Bobby and Tony will beat the crap out of Todd and Tyler."

For about 2020 years boys and men have been named Anthony, Adam, Alexander, etc. Especially for me, looking back in time to 2020 I wouldn't help myself but ask "Drake, like that singer?"

I vote for doing what we did in my school years, name every child Micheal. You'll have to learn to make names not matter when there are 32 Micheals and 27 Jessicas in your grade school class. Just point and say "hey you."

• Amaretta

You must be in your 30s. Men also used to be named Pius, Urban, Raphael, Julius, Clarence, Grover and Rufus, but you don't hear those names anymore.