My dad smashed my phone, is this child abuse?

im 15 and my name is phoebe and i got a brand new iphone 11 for christmas and i was so happy and today i got in an argument with my dad when i hit him in anger and we were arguing and i was texting while he was yelling at me and he got so mad he came up to me and grabbed my phone and smashed it on the floor hard and it shattered, i’m planning on calling 911 tonight

he might be calling the police on you for hitting him

Child, take several seats here!

You are the one who physically strike him, what you did was assault, be very lucky that he did not press charges against you for that! A valuable lesson for you to learn here, is it is NEVER acceptable to put your hands on another person's body, you need to learn this very soon! I can assure you if you were to pull this stunt on another, you could wind up being arrested, you could even find yourself on a case of a severe beating.

Was your Dad wrong to take his phone (yes it is his phone given he bought it, pays the bills for it monthy) from you and smash it? Yes! It was the wrong decision for him to destroy it, he made a poor decision to do so.

If you want to call 911, go right ahead! However, be warned that when the cops show up, they will interview BOTH of you and they will find out you made the first blow. He probably will be charged with destruction of property, but you will also be led out in cuffs as well and charged with assault or battery, are you ready to be convicted and possibly do time in juvy for it? I suggest you really think things through here, because your next move will cause a lot of damage for you and your family.

sounds as though you are a spoiled little c4nt--

• car253

No one who is 15 should get an iphone.  You must be a rich brat.   You dad is making a big mistake by spoiling you.   Good for him that he finally put his foot down.    You do not say what the argument was about.   So one knows it the broken phone was justified or not.    Call 911 is only for emergencies like someone is dead or dying.   Just walk into the police station to report it.   See what the officers at the front desk say.    The officers will tell you that your dad had every right to do what he did. 

I really doubt that 911 is going to do anything but i will say your father is wrong AF

That never happened, Colly.

He bought it, he broke it.  Sounds like he had every right to do so.  He should not replace it.  He should let you do without until you can afford to buy one for yourself.

• A

If you can't control yourself and you hit him, go ahead and call 911 hours later and see what happens, you might be the one taken out of the house

• Eva

You don't call 911 because daddy broke your phone. It's for bona fide emergencies ONLY. That's what you get for hitting him and being stupid enough to be texting on your phone during an argument. It would not be considered child abuse.

You might not like it in Juvenile Detention.