Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 2 months ago

How can I stop feeling not good enough compared to others? Everyone around me are “superstars” and great people?

Family

Colleagues

Friends

Aquaintances

Even friends of those people

I feel so inadequate and crappy compared to them..

Everyone around me is given some sort of positive feedback that they are ok, and told how great they are.

They are!

Feel very very crappy as I am good at nothing and not an amazing person like them

I do not need to be told I am “amazing” but it would be good if I felt of value to anyone

Choose to focus on yourself as opposed to what you perceive about other people. The only person impacted by your thoughts are you, so be open to changing your perspective. Look at what aspects of your life you do not like and set about making changes. Make different choices, change your routine, define what you need and want from life, and then be proactive in making this happen. This all comes down to choice and how you want to live your life.

• Lisa M

I feel the same way sometimes. There are people who have complimented me along the way but I seem to forget those people during negative times. Also, when we grow up in negative households and especially if we take on the scapegoat role, this will follow us. In every situation people have subconscious roles they play. If you find that there are people around you being complimented it's because they take on the Golden Child role and people subconsciously feel comfortable complimenting them. Not because they deserve it but because those are the roles we've played all our lives.

I would suggest therapy for you since you are identifying a problem that you don't like. You realise you deserve respect and attention but you don't know how to get it. Therapy can help you with that. Good luck!!

You need to work on your self esteem issues.  People are drawn to the person who's outgoing, personable, friendly.

You are obviously depressed.  When you are depressed you only see the negative perspective of life even when the positive is slapping you across the face.  And chances are the environment that you live in that offers so many others so much positive feedback that it is also coming your way, but your depression makes it difficult to recognize.  You may not be sharing as much success but I find it difficult to believe you aren't being encouraged when your depression is so obvious.  Instead of asking for praise, ask for some help getting some counseling.  Good Luck

• Lisa M

I agree. I didn't realise this until a few years ago that a symptom of depression is if you feel slighted in some way. If you're depressed things that may not normally bother you, bother the heck out of you because you don't feel good about yourself. 

you shouldnt feel that way cause god dont make junk

Something I like to remember is that you only know about what people tell or show you. Someone could seem to have the greatest life, but be struggling behind closed doors and you’d never know.

I feel the same way sometimes. I can't be sure why you feel like this, but I can give you some possible solutions. If you don't think you are attractive enough, look in the mirror ever day and say one good thing about each of your features, ex. "my eyes are very pretty" or "my jawline is nice." If you feel like you aren't as successful or talented, think about it this way. There are definitely things you can do that others can't. Maybe they are really great at only one thing and even if you don't have one thing that you star in, perhaps you are more like a jack of all trades. if you say more specifically what makes you feel like less I can try to help better?

• Lisa M

I agree. Gratefulness is not a small thing. It helps you see how much you do have.