Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdoption · 2 months ago

If I want to foster can I foster permanently?

I have heard stories where the child is in foster care and leaves soon. Is there such a thing as fostering permanently? Also do foster moms have to go to court like adoptive moms?

Permanent foster care is generally an agreement between the foster parent and DSS, but might be different in your state. First, figure out where you live.

i myself am fostered and although its not called fostering permanently you can adopt most foster kids 

\

Fostering a child permanently is called adoption....

Being a foster parent comes with a lot of background checking, You don't have to go to court unless you want to adopt.

As other have noted, some people are happy to foster and see kids return to their biological parents or be adopted by other people.  Other people foster with the hope/intent of being able to adopt the foster child. Every effort is made to get adoptable foster child adopted.  They will not be left in foster care if at all possible.  

A Couple can be permanent foster parents. When my wife and I were we did it based on adopting our son.

Fostering is largely a temporary situation while the parent(s) of the child(ren) try to work out the problems which led to the home being unsafe for the child(ren).

You can choose to foster children who are likely to become legally free for adoption, and then adopt them when that happens.

Source(s): Adoptee and Adoptive Mom.

First you have to be allowed in to the cult.

Second, to foster permanently is called Adopting.

Fostering is the Temporary housing until another location is approved or the child reaches adulthood.