promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdoption · 2 months ago

If I want to foster can I foster permanently?

I have heard stories where the child is in foster care and leaves soon. Is there such a thing as fostering permanently? Also do foster moms have to go to court like adoptive moms?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Permanent foster care is generally an agreement between the foster parent and DSS, but might be different in your state. First, figure out where you live.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

i myself am fostered and although its not called fostering permanently you can adopt most foster kids 

\

• 2 months ago

Fostering a child permanently is called adoption....

• 2 months ago

Being a foster parent comes with a lot of background checking, You don't have to go to court unless you want to adopt.

As other have noted, some people are happy to foster and see kids return to their biological parents or be adopted by other people.  Other people foster with the hope/intent of being able to adopt the foster child. Every effort is made to get adoptable foster child adopted.  They will not be left in foster care if at all possible.  

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

A Couple can be permanent foster parents. When my wife and I were we did it based on adopting our son.

• 2 months ago

Fostering is largely a temporary situation while the parent(s) of the child(ren) try to work out the problems which led to the home being unsafe for the child(ren).

You can choose to foster children who are likely to become legally free for adoption, and then adopt them when that happens.

Source(s): Adoptee and Adoptive Mom.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

First you have to be allowed in to the cult.

Second, to foster permanently is called Adopting.

Fostering is the Temporary housing until another location is approved or the child reaches adulthood.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.