promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicSinging · 2 months ago

How do you rate this musician's singing?

youtube.com/watch?v=eUtyRJXZbUc

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

Well I would like to know the context, if he's meant for that to be comical (making this intentional) or not. So could we say he was a 'bad' singer if the goal was to make something that sounded bad? It sounds like he's not singing well, but was this intentional? if so He was successful. In a way its hard to be focused on music and perform intentionally bad. but regardless.

He is clearly and consistently flat, but he does have the perception of pitch because you can hear it rise and fall like it does in the melody, except to smaller extents.

(By the way, a good argument against saying someone is 'tone deaf' - can't discriminate pitch):

Listen to them talk. If they use inflection naturally then it's a sign they understand and can discriminate pitches. (because they do so in speech). More than likely it's that they have not practiced singing enough to be able to do so yet, but they are NOT tone deaf. (As they just demonstrated the capacity for discerning pitch in speech).

Also around 1:20 he lifts his RH up but I still hear the same pattern being played in the background, so not playing the piano. (ofc that's obv with the use of other instruments present it was edited) and the way his upper body/ arms move is NOT appropriate for playing of any kind. You do learn in for very loud chords but his motion is more like a flopping walrus. Curious to know what he was playing though

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

I couldn't pull him up.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.