promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 2 months ago

How exactly do democrats think biden will beat trump?

to me he's a snake in the grass and I would never vote for him

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Because most of them are as senile as he is.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

Biden ain't great, but he's pretty safe to vote for. His record offers a lot to conservative folk. My feeling is that liberals will vote for him because we really dislike Trump and moderates and conservatives will find it relatively easy to vote for him, because he's never been a rabble-rouser. He's a safe candidate. That's why he'll beat Trump. Also, if Trump doesn't get this pandemic under control, the Democrats will win not only the presidency, but probably the US Senate as well.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Not to be flip, but I think the real question is how do Republicans think that Trump will beat Biden?  I'm serious.  I've yet to hear a real argument from Republicans on why Trump will win other than the fact that they want him to win.  And speaking as a Democrat who lived through 2016 (as well as 2004), wanting a candidate to win is meaningless. 

Remember that Trump barely won in 2016.  He lost the popular vote, of course, but he also barely won the electoral college.  Altogether his electoral college victory rests on less than 80,000 votes, in an election were almost 130 million votes were cast nationwide.  In Michigan, which is a must win state for him, he beat Clinton by just 10,000 votes.  So tell me, how is Trump going to be sure to hold on to, or better yet expand, that 10,000 vote margin?  And remember that Joe Biden is not: 1) as unpopular as Clinton was, 2) suffering from 25 years of demonization by right wign media, and 3) going to suffer an October surprise like the one that crippled Clintons campaign.  Clinton was the least popular Democrat every nominated for President.  If Trump can just barely beat her then how is he going to beat Joe Biden who is more popular and has demographics which are even more favorable to Democrats than in 2016?  Trump's argument for reelection has been, for years, that the economy is good.  He's even explicitly said that people who don't like him "have to" vote for him because the economy is so good.  Well the economy isn't going to be that good anymore.  So what's he got to run on?  What's the argument in favor of Trump over Biden?  And what's the demographic breakdown of how Trump wins?  Because the democratic breakdown of how Biden wins is real simple.  All he has to do is do slightly better than Clinton in three of the states Trump flipped in 2016 (or two states if one of them is Florida) and then he wins.  Are you really confident that 10,000 Michigan voters (in a state which case about four million votes) haven't changed their mind since 2016?  Are you confident that Trump will absolutely hold on to that 1.2% lead in Florida?  Despite the state getting less white overall and gaining hundreds of thousands of Puerto Ricans who mostly hate him for abandoning their island?  Are you confident that Wisconsin, where Democrats won all statewide races in 2018 and where Trump got fewer votes than Mitt Romney, will stay in the Republican column?  Because you shouldn't be confident of any of those results.  Because the numbers all point to Biden.  Recent polls put him about 9 points ahead of Trump.  Remember that Clinton was two points ahead of Trump and that resulted in him winning the electoral college by one of the smallest margins in history.  Demographic data from the primaries, and polling data, show that Biden has support among demographics like white women and suburbanites which is almost identical to what Democrats had in 2018 when they swept most of the states that Trump needs to win. 

Is it possible for Trump to win?  Sure.  But your idea that Trump is a surefire win is immensely naive at best. 

• 2 months ago

Because Trump sucks, and Biden is an honest decent man. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Probably with his Depends Undergarment.

(:

• Mike
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

He  is a plagerizer ,He has not  improved   since 1988 , His mind is worse 

• Clive
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You are only you. Not everyone agrees with you.

• Jeff S
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Because more Americans are disgusted by Trump than proud of him!

Personally if I were Bloomberg I'd run a bunch of ads designed to shame evangelicals supporting Trump! First I'd put out an ad that starts with Trump denying he knew anything about his mistresses off. I'd then show a clip of Trump arrogantly bragging about it. Proclaiming it was his own money and no campaign laws were broken. Then end the ad with a picture of Cohen going into to be sentenced. With type overlaid asking; "Why is he doing 3 years for lying to Congress about it?"

• ...Show all comments
    • Jeff S
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Yet I noticed you're IGNORING that you're idolizing a pathological lying serial adulterer who constantly lies to the nation!

Guess you ignore the parts of the Bible that describe Trump!

Seems like you're the one marching in Satan's Army!

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Regardless of the reason you "wont vote for Biden" or won't vote "blue no mater who," You are basically saying you want Trump to win.   There is no argument here. This year we are more voting one man OUT rather than voting another IN.  Your vote in this matter counts whether you vote or not.  

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

well if you won't vote for him of course he won't win. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.