promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited KingdomOther - United Kingdom · 2 months ago

Where is a good country to move too?

Hi. So I'm British and have lived in the UK my whole life - however when I see countries with their outdoor/beach lifestyle I really wish that I had that. I would like to maybe move away and have nice weather (not too hot) with an outdoor lifestlye - where is a good country to move too - I only speak English

24 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Try 'Oz' (Australia). It is a Commonwealth country, the Queen is Head of state, Their government is similar to Great Britain.

Bondi Beach outside Sydney , or the Gold Coast just south of Brisbane. will give you a beach lifestyle.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Malta, Gibraltar, in the US Florida and California, Costa Rica, northern New Zealand, Belize

Australia is too hot, full of dangerous animals and wild fires. The only good things about Australia are the Australians and cities like Sydney with the Opera and Melbourne and Tasmania.

• anon99
      Lv 4
      1 month agoReport

I love Malta but to hot and Dry definitely NOT the USA

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Costa Rica is awesome. The people are friendly and laid back, its relatively inexpensive to live there and they have excellent healthcare for foreigners. It is a fraction of what it cost to live inthe u.s. For example, the first day I was there I broke my arm. I went to Hotel Católico and had my arm xrayd, saw a doctor and got meds for pain and it cost $250 us dollars out of pocket. In the us, it would have cost 5xs or more. When I returned to the us, I paid over 3k for them to look at it (xray etc)  and tell me the bones had healed. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I would have suggested Australia as you like beach lifestyle but It's dangerously hot over there. So I suggest Florida maybe, or California where Harry and Megan are currently staying. I am not sure about Gibraltar though. They sit on the Mediterranean but do they speak English or Spanish?

• anon99
      Lv 4
      1 month agoReport

thumbs up from me i came her some 60 years ago and only go back to the UK to visit my sister who cannot get an interview too old

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

canada. Stay away from the US. Worst quality of life among developed countries 

• 2 months ago

Perhaps you should research the types of insects and what they can do to make

your life a living hell before you get to carried away with your clueless fantasy.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You cant go anywhere until the coronavirus pandemic is over. Also the grass isn't always greener the other side of the fence.

• DEBS
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Some people like to plan ahead.  I highly doubt they were looking to move in the next month or so.

• DEBS
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

US and Australia are the two big English speaking countries that come to mind.  There are many little island nations where English is spoken as well.  Being allowed to live and work in a foreign country is often the biggest barrier.  If you're serious, then look up English speaking countries and start narrowing down your search.    

• ...Show all comments
    • DEBS
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Not really something I think of when I read "beach lifestyle".  Do you?

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Every country in the world have immigration rules. You need a job to go to and money to support yourself.

• hihi!
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Belize

• Orla C
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You could learn to speak another language.

• hihi!
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

even if l never go to Mexico again, l study Spanish. Everyone in Spain speaks English

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.