Tell ME atheists: If the Bible was written by man, WHO is the author?

• Phil M

It was written by many men. A few of which are named in it. Over the years it has been changed many times. Parts were removed and added and interpretations changed to reflect what they believed god wanted for them at the time. Interpretations are changing to this day.

• TardisAndTheHare

Several of my associates disagree (Harry Potter of Hogwarts, Santa, his elves, and other apostles).  We will write our disagreement, and you will have to believe us because it isn't written by one author, it is written by many.  Who says Jesus's disciples even existed?

The authors all have names, but no one knows whom the names actually refer to.  And what do you mean by "the author?"  You think that the whole Bible was written by one man?  You're probably the only person in the whole world who believes that.

• Baal

The Lord of the Rings trilogy has 470,000 words, the Bible has 783,000 words, the Dune sextet has 839,000 words, and the Foundation Series has 1,548,000 words.  If the KJV was written by one man then he was a slacker.

Tell me if there was a god why would he give cancer to babies

• Roberta B

Romans 8:20, 21

20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not by its own will, but through the one who subjected it, on the basis of hope 21 that the creation itself will also be set free from enslavement to corruption and have the glorious freedom of the children of God.

No, Who is on first...

• Roberta B

Ok, Lou Costello-  The author of the Bible is our Almighty Creator,Jehovah God. With careful study one can discover the harmony among the 66 books by 40 humans,and the prophecies ,and even the science is correct..https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/are-there-contradictions-in-the-bible/

No one! I never read it! I'm no Christian nor atheist! I'm a satanist and I'm SUPER PROUD of it!!!!!!

• 2 months agoReport

No. I'm not like that. I have lots of pride, I"M SUPER VENGEFUL, and I get all my desires done because I sold my soul to Satan, worshiped and contact him each day at night. So I get a super comfortable life!

• BJ

The Bible is inspired of God. But some may think, The Bible was written by men, so how can it be from God? The Bible answers: Men spoke from God as they were moved or, guided by holy spirit.

This is similar to a businessman telling his secretary to write a letter. Who is the author of the letter? It is the businessman, not the secretary.

In the same way, the Author of the Bible is God, not the men he used to write it. God guided them to write his thoughts. The Bible really is the word of God.

• Paul

Men wrote the text, but the Author is the One Who inspired them and guided them in what they wrote - God.

The Bible was only penned by man.  Just as a Lawyer PENS a person's last will and testament, it still remains the person's last will and testament and NOT the Lawyer's, so too, the Bible was penned by man but the words were inspired by God the Holy Spirit and therefore, the Words which were God's last will and testament, remain God's Will and NOT man's as God the Holy Spirit is Author of every Word of God in our Bibles. Every word of God is pure.  Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Truth.  Jesus is truth and God's Word is Truth

• Broton

Is your God incompetent or a liar?

• Matt

Even if we dont have a specific name, it doesn't prove it was written by a non-physical entity, nor does it put any of the other contradictions and arguments against the biblical god's supposed existance.

Oh, I get it.

Since nobody knows the true author(s) god MUST be real.

Logical!

Source(s): In a pigs eye!