promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Is this a scam or a phishing email?

I received an e-mail that said that my Apple ID "had been used to purchase Bumble - Meet New People on a computer or device that has never been associated with that Apple ID. If you did not make that purchase or believe than an unauthorized person has accessed your account, Please find the document attached to cancel your purchase without delay."

I did not make this purchase and I don't want to be charged. But I am afraid to open this e-mail or click on the attachment. I am worried that it is a virus or a phishing attempt. The return e-mail address does not look legitimate.

Can someone explain what is going on and tell me what I should do? Thank you!

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

The easiest way to verify is to log in to your Apple ID and see if there are any new purchases.  It's almost certainly a scam.  It's been a while since I made a purchase from Apple on a new device, but I vaguely recall that they wouldn't allow the purchase to go through until they sent a code to a different device for verification.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

SCAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

• JJ
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Attached document means it's a scam. Log into your iTunes account and find out if the purchase was made.

• 2 months ago

Clicking in such links are a no no! You were not addressed by name, right? Scammers do not know it, that is why... Delete, move on.....

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Call your service and ask

• Ron
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Do you have an apple ID? Are there any purchases on it? 

• Mark
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Probably.  This is good advice.  Hover your mouse over the link, and if it says something else, it is a scam.

• Ellen2 months agoReport

Do you mean the link to the attachment?  Nothing happens if I do that.  I can preview it, but I'm not sure if that is a good idea.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.