Is this a scam or a phishing email?

I received an e-mail that said that my Apple ID "had been used to purchase Bumble - Meet New People on a computer or device that has never been associated with that Apple ID. If you did not make that purchase or believe than an unauthorized person has accessed your account, Please find the document attached to cancel your purchase without delay."

I did not make this purchase and I don't want to be charged. But I am afraid to open this e-mail or click on the attachment. I am worried that it is a virus or a phishing attempt. The return e-mail address does not look legitimate.

Can someone explain what is going on and tell me what I should do? Thank you!

The easiest way to verify is to log in to your Apple ID and see if there are any new purchases.  It's almost certainly a scam.  It's been a while since I made a purchase from Apple on a new device, but I vaguely recall that they wouldn't allow the purchase to go through until they sent a code to a different device for verification.

SCAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

• JJ

Attached document means it's a scam. Log into your iTunes account and find out if the purchase was made.

Clicking in such links are a no no! You were not addressed by name, right? Scammers do not know it, that is why... Delete, move on.....

Call your service and ask

• Ron

Do you have an apple ID? Are there any purchases on it? 

• Mark

Probably.  This is good advice.  Hover your mouse over the link, and if it says something else, it is a scam.

• Ellen2 months agoReport

Do you mean the link to the attachment?  Nothing happens if I do that.  I can preview it, but I'm not sure if that is a good idea.