Promoted

What were you doing in 1977?

142 Answers

Relevance
  • ddey65
    Lv 4
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

12 years old and living in misery and despair over my status as a young person, and the overall position of the world. I learned to fear snow for the first time because of the Blizzard of 1977, despite the fact that I was on Long Island at the time. I too remember the Blackout of '77 in the Summer in NYC. I stopped believing in the concept of "too young to die" because people much younger than me were being murdered by the commies of Cambodia, who we should've destroyed earlier in the decade. I felt betrayed by God and the church, because adults were able to live lives closer to what they chose, and kids were punished for it. I was facing a world that was being conned into believing TV was going to turn my generation into a bunch of violent homicidal maniacs, which I knew was a lie, but I couldn't say anything about it because I was a kid and they were "the experts." I was watching the economy head for the toilet, just as I had done through much of the decade. 

For years I was told by adults at random times that "someday I'd realize other people had feeling just like me," but the way things were going, all the evidence was to the contrary. 

• jane doe2 months agoReport

I started High School that fall. Even though I was feeling the reelings of the concept of watching War on TV. It was surreal. Nobody else my age was able to comprehend what was happening.  Maybe I was just more concerned because I had family in Southeast Asia. It still gives  me chills to this day.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

I was a sperm, so swimming around in my dad's bollocks 

• 2 months ago

I was 3, so probably picking my nose and flicking my boogers.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

screwing firm young women

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Sean K
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Watching Star Wars for the first time.

• 2 months ago

drinking alot in mtl

• 2 months ago

In the spring of 1977 I was halfway though my first year of high school - grade eight. In the fall... I entered grade nine. Other than that - I can't remember much . But then... forgetting my day to day life was how I managed to get through each day. 

• ...Show all comments
    • 2 months agoReport

I dont know but doesnt canadcraig post politics answers? that'll invite that sort of thing. I got someone following me around from having an opinion in that ctageroy.

• 2 months ago

In 1977, I wasn't even born yet - not for another 11 years. So since I wasn't born yet, I wasn't "doing anything" at all.

• Dagno2 months agoReport

Unless you had a past life

• Ramiro
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

I was not born yet so i was most likely a little sperm cell swimming around in my dads nut sakk

• 2 months agoReport

LMAO why did this get so many thumbs down

• 2 months ago

Changing jobs, buying my first house, buying my first new car, planning our wedding, going to concerts and sporting events, enjoying life.

• Nicole
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

i wasnt born yet............

• bibek2 months agoReport

i was about a year old

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.