Notatroll asked in HealthOptical · 4 months ago

Nobody can schedule an eye exam in the entire country...?

...I broke my glasses and am half blind. WFT am I supposed to do? I can't even drive to get to work or do my job at work?

Optometrists keep saying that eye care is important...then why are they all closed if it is so important? Huh?

Tape the lenses to your face. I do it when I break my glasses.

Some practices are open for emergencies, I would contact your opticians head office, explain the situation and see what they suggest for you. 

My office is open for limited hours with a connection to my personal cell phone when it is not open. Normally I don't see broken glasses as an emergency that I would see someone on a weekend for. However, since this could go on for months, I am looking at it that way now. If you were my patient, we would do one of the following:

1. Repair your present glasses or replace the frame.

2. Make glasses for you or release your prescription to you if your prescription was not terribly out of date.

3. Do enough tests to prescribe glasses for you without doing some of the tests that involve getting close to each other.

Routine eye exams are not to be done. Optometrist can and should be available for emergency care. My guess is that I am not the only one who interprets things the way that I have.

• Ron

The media is lying about over run hospitals,  I work for a general contractor and we are working at 4 hospitals in Minnesota, there is?

Hardly anyone there, the media has even contradicted them selves saying hospitals are over run one day and the next day they say nurses are being laid off, . Go drive up to a hospital or drive by one you will see for yourself 

If you can even read this and are so dependant on eyeglasses why didn't you get a backup pair?

From what I have read those businesess are still open.  Also you can order glasses online on many diff sites (and its way cheaper), you put in your prescription info and measure out your glasses.