Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceFinancial Aid · 2 months ago

Can I go to jail for this?

A few months ago I was contacted by a " friend" about a grant opportunity. So naturally I was interested seeing how I'm out of work due to a back injury, so he sent me this persons info. I asked the person if this was a government grant scam and he said no. So I foolishly went along with it and gave him my personal info, bank account and he said that I would have to pay $5000 to receive $550,000 in grant funding. So I foolishly paid the fee out of my tax return and have not received the grant money. So now he is saying that if I don't pay for a separate delivery fee that he will get the "FBI" involved and that I will go to jail if I don't pay. What do I do? I have screen shots of our entire conversations. I have a family and can't afford to go to jail.

I'm sorry, but you have been scammed. Report this to the police immediately and give them all your documentation.

YOU go to the FBI. He is trying to scam you out of MORE money.

I've never heard of anyone going to jail because they gave someone money.

• curtisports2

I have. People go to jail all the time for bribery, soliciting prostitution, etc

Tell him to eat his mammies vagina cheese.

He's just trying to scam more money out of you, he'll continue until the light goes on.

You got scammed you dumbass.

• Tim2 months agoReport

no need for negative comments