promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceFinancial Aid · 2 months ago

Can I go to jail for this?

A few months ago I was contacted by a " friend" about a grant opportunity. So naturally I was interested seeing how I'm out of work due to a back injury, so he sent me this persons info. I asked the person if this was a government grant scam and he said no. So I foolishly went along with it and gave him my personal info, bank account and he said that I would have to pay $5000 to receive $550,000 in grant funding. So I foolishly paid the fee out of my tax return and have not received the grant money. So now he is saying that if I don't pay for a separate delivery fee that he will get the "FBI" involved and that I will go to jail if I don't pay. What do I do? I have screen shots of our entire conversations. I have a family and can't afford to go to jail.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

I'm sorry, but you have been scammed. Report this to the police immediately and give them all your documentation.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

YOU go to the FBI. He is trying to scam you out of MORE money.

• 2 months ago

I've never heard of anyone going to jail because they gave someone money.

• curtisports2
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

I have. People go to jail all the time for bribery, soliciting prostitution, etc

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Tell him to eat his mammies vagina cheese.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

He's just trying to scam more money out of you, he'll continue until the light goes on.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You got scammed you dumbass.

• Tim2 months agoReport

no need for negative comments

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.