Which one is correct? Please help me?
1. Covid got everyone becoming baristas, including me.
2. Covid got everyone becoming a barista, including me.
- VivianLv 42 months ago
Neither ones are correct, since "got" is a slang word, and "me" is an informal word. Accordingly, the correct sentence would be: "3. Covid had everyone becoming baristas, including myself.".
- RPLv 72 months ago
Either is fine. It depends on whether one wishes to highlight the plural or the singular of barista.
- martinLv 72 months ago
The second is technically better because everyone is a singular noun which should be followed by a singular "a barista."
- JBLv 42 months ago
3. I wish I were that lucky. Unemployment is awful.
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- GypsyfishLv 72 months ago
Neither one. The correct form would be "COVID has got everyone..." Or "COVID has everyone becoming baristas..."
"got" by itself is slangy. You can say either "baristas" or "a barista"- both are correct.
- Anonymous2 months ago
Neither is correct. You need to use a correct verb. "Got" does not work here.
You could say " Covid(19) has everyone becoming baristas, including me."