promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

What should an 18-year-old girl do after her mom slapped her on the mouth during an argument?

60 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

You should be legal, right? Moving out is a quick solution to get away from violence. 

If you think things are serious, you should go to the police.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

was it just once? you must've said something real bad. don't do nothing

• 2 months ago

Try not to argue with her again.  Arguing with in a disagreement is not the only way of defending your self. You can always agree with the other person at that moment and do the completely opposite thing when its time to act.  Or you can completely ignore the other persons reactions at the time of the argument.  Or you can just convince your self that this "other person" doesn't exist in the real life and completely ignore her for the rest of your life.  

• 2 months ago

Depends on the situation. I generally disagree with striking someone, especially a minor child, across the face in most of not all circumstances. But I’m not sure if it always requires intervention from outsiders depending, again, on how the situation and how the scenario plays itself out.

My mother would slap me across the face quite a bit when I was younger, more times then she’d remember. What I did to eventually stop it was defend myself and try to strike back but of course I won’t recommend you doing that. I’d approach her and let her know that wasn’t okay with you to try to reach a place of understanding with her once you two cool off. If such doesnt work then maybe consider moving out. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • car253
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Nothing.   Do nothing, unless you want your mom arrested.   Do nothing.  Don't tell anyone.    Move out.   You need to post more details for better help.   Why did she do that?   What were you arguing about?     

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

There is a rule of Hoyle that's always worked the same for dudes as it does for 18 year olds with their parents.

"Don't write checks with your mouth that your A*s can't cash!" 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Learn some respect for her elders comes to mind! Or maybe getting a job and getting her own place?

• 2 months ago

There needs to be compulsory weekly spankings for all teens and children under 21, so they are reminded of their place. 

And this includes me, and I have no objection to that. 

• Logan2 months agoReport

This sounds like some werid fetish 

• 2 months ago

STFU! Do you really need help with that?!

• 2 months ago

Not get into an argument with your mother......will stop slaps. You are eighteen, thus be (act) grown-up.

Peace.

• ...Show all comments
    • Ansila2 months agoReport

If you`re above 18 years, organize yourself and move out
      Then forgive her, she`s your mom you know
      She still love you no matter what?
      Unless if she`s mentally abnormal

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.