promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

has the concept of evolution aided in scientific research?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

Seriously, it's a big part of many sciences, from virology such as working out how Covid 19 evolved (current research thinks it was a coronavirus specific to pangolins that evolved certain biomarkers to make the jump to humans, but it's not conclusive as yet), to behavioral psychology. I'm a geologist, so if I want to to identify and date Ordovician strata (rocks between 488 million years ago and ending 443 million years before present) for example ,without having to wait weeks for expensive and difficult rubidium-strontium dating, but because I know the evolutionary tree of a common extinct organism called graptolites, byidentifying which graptolite fossil I can date the bed pretty accurately. sometimes to within a million years. It's main utility is determing which chronological order folded beds are, as they can often be overturned (upside down) or on their side. I can do this mapping new strata in the field because of my knowledge of evolutionary paleontology. Great question

• 2 months ago

Evolution seems to be becoming slowly ruled out and no longer taught in schools because it is not actual science it is theology

-MA

• ...Show all comments
    • MARK
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

So your answer to this question, peal, is lies. That's a mark in the negative column in your god's accounting book. May be you need to more in the positive column otherwise Old Nick's getting your very own furnace ready.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

Yes, greatly because of it scientists and other researchers are able to narrow down research and experimentation to related organisms, which has been a benefit in the production of drugs and other chemicals and the study of diseases.  It has also helped in the breeding of new and "improved"  livestock and plants.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Has belief in fail-healing or ye olde bloodletting wich was bassed on religious superstitions of god-fearing townsfolk helped medical science?

• οικος
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Actually, yes. Some of the old folk remedies actually worked. But they didn't help anywhere near as much as realizing that bacteria and viruses evolve.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Many scientific disciplines contribute to our understanding of evolution and evolution itself guides research in many different areas. Biology, zoology, botany, medicine, geology, palaeontology, chemistry and many more sciences have evolution as the basis of research in different areas.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

By reciting the rosary every day with care and sincerity, a person can know numerous truths about God, creation and evolution.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

God doesn’t exist.....

• Metalplanttag
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

You will be in for a major surprise then..

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.