Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelEurope (Continental)Other - Europe · 3 months ago

Will British citizens still be able to go on holiday to other European countries in 2021-22?

Just wanting to know, but most Spring/Summer 2020 holidays were cancelled due to the coronavirus, and the UK transition period ends in December 2020, and all I want to know is are British citizens still able to go on flights to Spain, France, Germany, Poland, Cyprus, Turkey, etc and stay there on holiday for one or two weeks in 2021 and 2022 onwards?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Orla C
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Depends on how the British government handles things from now on. If there are a lot of infected people in the UK still, probably not.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 3 months ago

The UK functionally remains part of the EU until December 2020; current travel issues aside, no visa is required to travel to these countries until the end of the year.

Beyond that, exact requirements haven't been required, but a visa is likely, as with other tourists from outside the EU.

• 3 months ago

British citizens did not need visas to visit other countries in Europe even before the EU was created. 

• 3 months ago

Do you mean that you think that Britain leaving the EU means British people can no longer visit EU countries? Why would you think that? People from all the rest of the world can visit them, so why not British people? Britain leaving the EU merely means that British people will soon need documentation like passports and visas to enter EU countries, which they did not before. The details of what documentation are, I believe, still being negotiated.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 months ago

I'll just consult my crystal ball

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.