Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicComics & Animation · 2 months ago

I need anime suggestions because this quarantine is killing me?

So I’m kind of picky with anime and to be honest, I haven’t watched a ton. Maybe fifteen? Maybe more. I like anime packed with action, so Boku no Hero Academia is my favorite. I also love Fairy Tail, Blue Exorcist, Seraph of the End, and Tokyo Ghoul. So judging by those examples, anything you could suggest? Other than Attack on Titan. I watched the first two seasons and I mean... it’s okay. Too much screaming or gore haha

Have you tried any of the Gundam series yet? Goblin Slayer, Rise of the Shield Hero, The Hero is Overpowered and Over cautious. 

• C T

Just google top 10 to top 50 shonen/action anime and watch those.

If you love fairy tail, It's a very standard shonen and there are tons more like it out there.

Rainbow: Nisha Rokubō no Shichinin

Guilty Crown

Yu Yu Hakusho

Zatch Bell

One Piece

One Piece

YuYu Hakusho

Trigun

Gurren Lagaan

Angel Beats!

Outlaw Star

Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood

Soul Eater

Samurai Shamploo

Death Note

Fooly Cooly

Basilisk 

One Punch Man

Neo Genesis Evangelion

Cowboy Bebop

Hunter x Hunter

Case Closed

Death Note, Code Geass, Bokurano, Black Cat, Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Baka to Test to Shoukanju, Kyou Kara Maou, Trickster: from Edogawa Ranpo's Boy Detective Club, Shounen Onmyouji, Seirei no Moribito, Tantei Gakuen Q, Ayatsuri Sakon, Hikaru no Go, Ajin, Persona, Battery, Prince of Tennis and New Prince of Tennis

I hope you find something you like in this list.

Enjoy!

Shutting sown the economy is really killing my bank account.

'That time I got reincarnated as a..... ' animes

'My roommate is a cat'

And a gorey, mystery anime that I'm giving u a puzzle to find the name:

11037 

Monokuma 

Hope's Peak Academy

Source(s): A videogame
    • Raven2 months agoReport

Danganronpa? lol

Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke.  Both movies are great.  

I think you should try Naruto, followed by Naruto Shippuden.  It's like My Hero Academia but with more interesting characters, better worldbuilding, and just more creativity all around.  Not bagging on MHA, I like it too, it's just that I think it has a lot of limitations.  Admittedly, Naruto gets kind of stupid and ridiculous by the end when the War is happening, but it's good enough until then that you'll finish anyway.

A few other variants of the shonen action anime that I think aren't as good as either of those, but are VERY popular and long running, include Bleach, One Piece, Seven Deadly Sins, and of course you already mentioned Fairy Tail.  Some people love DragonballZ, but I think it's garbage.  But you can't mention things from this genre without mentioning it.

Also, try One Punch Man if you like Superhero stuff.

Sorry to hear you didn't like Attack on Titan, I was pretty impressed by it.  I'm currently watching Rising of the Shield Hero and it's decent.  A lot of MMO clichés and references.  Seven Deadly Sins is in this genre, but I wasn't impressed by it.

You should try Death Note.  It's not so action heavy as much as it's cerebral, but it's good and you should try it.  

I'd also recommend some oldies but goodies.  Trigun, Rurouni Kenshin (followed by Samurai X: Trust & Betrayal).  Record of the Lodoss War, maybe?  

Update:  just wanted to second the person who recommended the various Miyazaki films.  They're not action packed like you requested, they're just freakin' good.  Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Nausicaa, etc.  They're not exactly what you asked for, they're just something every anime fan should see.  But not My Neighbor Totoro or other early Miyazaki stuff unless you decide you love his work and want to go back.  They're farther away from your tastes that I wouldn't try it.  Totoro in particular is really aimed at children.  All of Miyazaki's stuff is 'all ages' (sort of like Pixar), but his earlier works are MORE aimed at children.

Update 2: And if you're comfortable with extreme zany ridiculousness mixed in with your action, try JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

I would recommend Pokémon or maybe Dragon ball heroes!